Tuesday 16 February 1937
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
You Only Live Once, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 February 1937!
Which were the important events of 16 February 1937 ?
- Saint Juliana
- Saint Lucilla
- Remembrance of Lambertus
- Saint Jeremias
- Saints Daniel, Samuel and Elias
- Kyoto Protocol Day (2005)
- Lithuania - Independence Day (1918)
- Paul Bailey: English author and critic.
- Yuri Manin: Russian-German mathematician and academic.
- Valentin Vasilyevich Bondarenko: Cosmonaut.
- DuPont Corp patents nylon, developed by employee Wallace H Carothers.
- Airliner VH-UHH (''Stinson'') goes down over Lamington National Park, bound for Sydney, killing five people.
- Yekatit 12: During a public ceremony at the Viceregal Palace (the former Imperial residence) in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, two Eritrean nationalists attempt to kill viceroy Rodolfo Graziani with a number of grenades. The Italian security guard fire into the crowd of Ethiopian onlookers. Authorities exact further reprisals, which include indiscriminately slaughtering native Ethiopians over the next three days, detaining thousands of Ethiopians in inhospitable conditions at Danan in the Ogaden and
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 February 1937 and get them!