Monday 8 February 1937
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Raposa and Françoise Claustre.
You Only Live Once, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Cook's Night Out.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1937!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1937 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Joe Raposa: Composer / songwriter (Sesame Street).
- Françoise Claustre: French archeologist, hostage taken by rebels of Tibesti, later liberated 1/30/1977.
- Marc Robertson: American pro astrologer and author.
- Manfred Krug: Duisburg, Germany -- Actor (Boxer).
- Joe Raposo: American pianist and composer (d. 1989).
- Scato Gocko de Vries: Dutch paleographer / librarian, dies at 75.
- Spanish Civil War: Falangist troops take Málaga.
- February 27 ampndash Spanish Civil War ampndash Battle of Jarama: Nationalist and government troops fight to a stalemate.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 February 1937
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?