Monday 8 February 1937
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
You Only Live Once, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1937!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1937 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Manfred Krug: Duisburg, Germany -- Actor (Boxer).
- Joe Raposo: American pianist and composer (d. 1989).
- Françoise Claustre: French archeologist, hostage taken by rebels of Tibesti, later liberated 1/30/1977.
- Marc Robertson: American pro astrologer and author.
- Joe Raposa: Composer / songwriter (Sesame Street).
- Scato Gocko de Vries: Dutch paleographer / librarian, dies at 75.
- Spanish Civil War: Falangist troops take Málaga.
- February 27 ampndash Spanish Civil War ampndash Battle of Jarama: Nationalist and government troops fight to a stalemate.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?