Sunday 21 February 1937
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Amazing Adventure, directed by Alfred Zeisler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1937!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1937 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Ron Clarke: in Australia; runner (held 19 world records).
- Harald V: Harald V of Norway.
- Gary Lockwood: American actor.
- Harald V : Norwegian royalty, assuming the throne upon the death of his dad, Olva V, on 1/17/1991, Oslo.
- King Harald: V of Norway.
- Jilly Cooper: British writer with a voluminous output that ranges from romantic novels and short stories to humor pieces. Often seen on TV interviews, she presents herself as a witty and bright guest. She was been happily married to publisher Leo Cooper for 25 years and they have two kids.
- Gary Lockwood in Van Nuys: California, USA; actor (2001, Survival Zone, Lieutenant).
- Initial flight of the first successful flying car, Waldo Waterman's Arrowbile.
- The League of Nations bans foreign national ''volunteers'' in the Spanish Civil War.
- March ndash The first issue of ''Detective Comics'' is published in the United States. Twenty-seven issues later, ''Detective Comics'' introduces Batman. The magazine goes on to become the longest continually published comic book in American history it is still published .
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?