Sunday 5 February 1978
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Stayin' Alive by Bee Gees.
In UK Take A Chance On Me by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
The Duellists, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1978!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1978 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Brian Russell: American football player.
- Mohamed Ousserir: Algerian footballer.
- Samuel Sánchez: Spanish cyclist.
- Shawn Reaves: American actor.
- Kristina Cherina: Miss Croatia-Universe (1997).
- Fred Newman makes 88 consecutive basketball free-throws blindfolded.
- February 7 ampndash The Northeastern United States blizzard of 1978 hits the New England region and the New York metropolitan area, killing about 100 and causing over US$520 million in damage.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
- Randy Newman - Short People
- Player - Baby Come Back
- Queen - We Are The Champions
- Andy Gibb - (Love Is) Thicker Than Water
- Billy Joel - Just The Way You Are
- Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
- Dan Hill - Sometimes When We Touch
- Rod Stewart - You're In My Heart (The Final Acclaim)
- Samantha Sang - Emotion
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?