Wednesday 6 August 1975
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rik Platvoet and Renate Gotschl.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Jive Talkin' by Bee Gees.
In UK Tears On My Pillow by Johnny Nash was in the top 5 hits.
The Land That Time Forgot, directed by Kevin Connor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Looking For Mr. Goodbar by Judith Rossner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Almost Anything Goes.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Destruction Derby or pedit5.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1975!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1975 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Rik Platvoet: Dutch soccer player (FC Twente, MVV).
- Renate Gotschl: Austrian alpine skier.
- Victor Zambrano: Venezuelan baseball player.
- Jason Crump: English-Australian motorcycle racer.
- Renate Götschl: Austrian skier.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 August 1975
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - Jive Talkin'
- 10cc - I'm Not In Love
- Olivia Newton-John - Please Mr. Please
- Eagles - One Of These Nights
- Elton John - Someone Saved My Life Tonight
- Melissa Manchester - Midnight Blue
- Glen Campbell - Rhinestone Cowboy
- War - Why Can't We Be Friends?
- James Taylor - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- Mike Post - The Rockford Files
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?