Monday 25 August 1975
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Molly Tuter and Brad Drew.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Get Down Tonight by K.C and the Sunshine Band.
In UK I Can't Give You Anything (But My Love) by The Stylistics was in the top 5 hits.
The Land That Time Forgot, directed by Kevin Connor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I Didn't Know You Cared.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gun Fight or Steeplechase.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1975!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1975 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Molly Tuter: WNBA guard (Phoenix Mercury).
- Brad Drew: Australian rugby player.
- Petria Thomas: Lismore, NSW -- Swimmer (1996 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - Get Down Tonight
- Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds - Fallin' In Love
- Glen Campbell - Rhinestone Cowboy
- Eagles - One Of These Nights
- James Taylor - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- Bee Gees - Jive Talkin'
- Janis Ian - At Seventeen
- Elton John - Someone Saved My Life Tonight
- War - Why Can't We Be Friends?
- The Isley Brothers - Fight The Power (Part 1)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?