Friday 15 August 1975
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Jive Talkin' by Bee Gees.
In UK I Can't Give You Anything (But My Love) by The Stylistics was in the top 5 hits.
The Land That Time Forgot, directed by Kevin Connor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while The Moneychangers by Arthur Hailey was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1975!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1975 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Bert Berry: Linebacker (Indianapolis Colts).
- Jurgen Dirkx: Soccer player (PSV).
- Jérôme Neuville: French racing cyclist, who has competed at four Olympic Games: Atlanta, Sydney, Athens and Beijing.
- Gloria Zanin: Italian Beauty Queen, winner of the title of Miss Italy 9/12/1992.
- Bertrand Berry: American football player and radio host.
- Vijay Bharadwaj: Indian cricketer and coach
- Brendan Morrison: Canadian ice hockey player
- Kara Wolters: American basketball player
- Bangladesh's founder Sheikh Mujibur Rahman is killed along with most members of his family during a military coup.
- Joanne Little acquitted of murder charges
- Miki Takeo makes the first official pilgrimage to Yasukuni Shrine by an incumbent prime minister on the anniversary of the end of World War II.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - Jive Talkin'
- Eagles - One Of These Nights
- Olivia Newton-John - Please Mr. Please
- Elton John - Someone Saved My Life Tonight
- Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds - Fallin' In Love
- Glen Campbell - Rhinestone Cowboy
- War - Why Can't We Be Friends?
- James Taylor - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- Melissa Manchester - Midnight Blue
- Mike Post - The Rockford Files
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?