Monday 6 May 1985
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Paul and Tanerau Latimer.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Crazy For You by Madonna.
In UK Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears was in the top 5 hits.
Girls Just Want to Have Fun, directed by Alan Metter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Thinner by Richard Bachman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Henderson Kids.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Arc of Yesod or Boffin.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1985 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
Famous Birthdays:06 May
- 17th Space Shuttle Mission (51-B)-Challenger 7 lands at Edwards Air Force Base.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Madonna - Crazy For You
- USA for Africa - We Are The World
- Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
- DeBarge - Rhythm Of The Night
- Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok
- The Power Station - Some Like It Hot
- Sade - Smooth Operator
- Wham! - Everything She Wants (Remix)
- Animotion - Obsession
- Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?