Monday 20 May 1985
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Froome and Jon Pardi.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Everything She Wants (Remix) by Wham!.
In UK 19 by Paul Hardcastle was in the top 5 hits.
Brewster's Millions, directed by Walter Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Thinner by Richard Bachman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Henderson Kids.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Finalizer - Super Transformation or Metro-Cross.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1985.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1985!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1985 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Chris Froome: English road cyclist racer, winner of the 100th Tour de France in 2013 after being second in 2012 .
- Jon Pardi: Country Singer.
- Brendon Goddard: Australian footballer.
- George Memmoli: Actor (Earl-Hello Larry), dies at 46.
- 1150 Lebanese / Palestinian prisoners exchanged for 3 Israelis
- Indians-Brewers game at Cleveland Stadium is 1st rain-out of 1985, ends record string of 458 ML games since Opening Day without a rain-out
- US began broadcasts to Cuba on Radio Marti
- FBI arrests John A Walker Jr, convicted of spying for USSR.
- Israel exchanges 1150 Lebanese/Palestinian prisoners for three Israeli soldiers.
- Dow Jones industrial average closes above 1300 for first time.
- Larry Holmes beats Carl Williams in 15 for heavyweight boxing title.
- Radio Marti, part of the Voice of America service, begins broadcasting to Cuba.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wham! - Everything She Wants (Remix)
- Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
- Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
- Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F
- Sade - Smooth Operator
- Madonna - Crazy For You
- Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok
- Billy Ocean - Suddenly
- The Power Station - Some Like It Hot
- Howard Jones - Things Can Only Get Better
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?