Thursday 6 September 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rudolph Plukfelder and Robert M Pirsig.
Our Dancing Daughters, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1928!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1928 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Rudolph Plukfelder: USSR -- Light heavyweight (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Robert M Pirsig: American author.
- Evgeny Svetlanov in Moscow: Russia; conductor (Siberian Fantasy).
- Fumihiko Maki: Japanese architect and academic designed the Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium and Makuhari Messe.
- Robert Pirsig: American philosopher and author.
- Yevgeny Svetlanov: Russian conductor and composer (d. 2002)
- Sid Watkins: English neurosurgeon and academic (d. 2012)
- USSR signs Briand-Kellogg-pact
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?