Saturday 6 October 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Wedding March, directed by Erich von Stroheim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1928!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1928 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Barbara Werle: American actress and singer (d. 2013).
- 11th PGA Championship: Leo Diegel at Five Farms Country Club - Baltimore
- Generalissimo Chiang Kai-shek becomes President of China
- Josip Broz (Tito) sentenced to 5 years in jail
- Chiang Kai-Shek becomes Chairman of the Republic of China.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 October 1928 and get them!