Tuesday 11 September 1928
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Docks of New York, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1928!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1928 ?
- Earl Holliman in Louisiana: USA; actor (Police Woman, Tribes, Cry Panic).
- Reubin O'Donovan Askew: American politician.
- Reubin Askew: American politician, a liberal Dem.
- Lisa Richette: American jurist, colorful and controversial, combative and outspoken.
- Earl Holliman: American actor.
- William Kienzle: American priest and author (d. 2001)
- Ty Cobb last hitting appearance, pops out against Yankees
- ''The Queen's Messenger'' is the first melodrama broadcast by Ernst F. W. Alexanderson at W2XAD Schenectady, NY Kenmore's WMAK station starts broadcasting in Buffalo, New York.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?