Monday 7 September 1981
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul McCoy and Gokhan Zan.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Endless Love by Diana Ross.
In UK Green Door by Shakin' Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Gallipoli, directed by Peter Weir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Cujo by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Kid Super Power Hour with Shazam!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Laser Blast or Protector.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1981!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1981 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Paul McCoy: American musician (12 Stones).
- Gokhan Zan: Turkish footballer.
- : Pop Singer.
- Gökhan Zan: Turkish footballer.
- Joanne Carner wins LPGA Rail Charity Golf Classic
- West Tampa Florida defeats Rich Va, 6-4 to win American Legion World Series
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- Pointer Sisters - Slow Hand
- Stevie Nicks - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
- Foreigner - Urgent
- Ronnie Milsap - (There's) No Gettin' Over Me
- Juice Newton - Queen Of Hearts
- Journey - Who's Crying Now
- Commodores - Lady (You Bring Me Up)
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Eddie Rabbitt - Step By Step
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?