Wednesday 7 September 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5.
Contagion, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 2011!
Which were the important events of 7 September 2011 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 September
- At least eleven people are killed following bombings in the Pakistan city of Quetta. (Dawn)
- A bomb explosion outside the Delhi High Court in the Indian court in New Delhi kills at least nine people and injures another 45. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- ICM Registry ndash the company that sponsors the .xxx Internet top-level domain for adult entertainment, planned for launch in 2012 ndash is giving organisations and people in the public eye the opportunity to block their names from being used by websites with the suffix. (BBC)
- The economy of Australia recovers, achieving 1.2% growth in the second quarter after floods led to a contraction of .9% in the second quarter. (Dow Jones via ''The Australian'')
- The Swedish car maker Saab Automobile files for bankruptcy in a self-managed reconstruction process. (AP via ''Forbes'')
- A Yak Service Yak-42 carrying the KHL hockey team Lokomotiv Yaroslavl crashes near Yaroslavl, Russia, killing 44. (Lenta.ru)
- Tropical Storm Nate is set to arrive at the Atlantic coast of Mexico tonight or tomorrow morning. (National Hurricane Centre)
- Tropical Storm Lee remnants in the northeastern United States:
- Ten thousand people are ordered to evacuate in Broome County in the US state of New York due to flooding of the Chenango River and the Susquehanna River. (Press Connects)
- Flash flood warnings are issued in Washington DC, Virginia and Maryland. (''Washington Post'')
- Heavy rain in the middle of Pennsylvania causes 1000 students in the Derry Township School District to be stranded at the Hershey Middle School. (''Patriot News'')
- The Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh and the Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina sign an accord ending four decades of disputes over the borders of India and Bangladesh. (IBN Live)
- Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond unveils a legislative programme for the coming year which includes plans to create a single police force and a single fire service for Scotland. (BBC)
- Republican Party candidates in the 2012 US presidential election hold a debate in California's Simi Valley. (AP)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?