Tuesday 8 August 2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Isabella Barrett and Isaiah Fredericks.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Step Up, directed by Anne Fletcher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Lifeguard by James Patterson, Andrew Gross was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Reader, I Married Him.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War or bit Generations.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 2006!
Which were the important events of 8 August 2006 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
Famous Birthdays:08 August
- CBS News's Mike Wallace holds an interview with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the president of Iran. In the interview, Ahmadinejad said that the letter he sent to George W. Bush was meant to ampquotopen a window towards the lightampquot for Bush to ampquotsee that one can look on the world through a different perspective.ampquot He responded to his nation's nuclear program and possible weapons program saying that Iran was ampquotstudyingampquot the offer presented by the United States and the European
- Amid news of slower-than expected growth and a quarterly rise in the unemployment rate in the United States, Federal Reserve System Chairman Ben Bernanke announced that there will be no increase to the Fed fund rate, ending a two-year period of rising interest rates. (Bloomberg)
- As Chadian President Idriss Déby is sworn-in to his third term in office, he hugs Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir, who only a few days ago was overseeing a campaign to overthrow the second Déby administration. (BBC)
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- Lebanon's coastline could take up to 10 years to recover from a massive oil spill, the nation's environment minister has said. (BBC NEWS)
- Israel recalls its ambassador from Venezuela following comments made by President Hugo Chávez. Venezuela's ambassador to Israel was called back on August 3. (ADL)
- A strong earthquake of 6.7 magnitude hits near the island of Espiritu Santo in Vanuatu at 9:18 a.m. local time. (USGS)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 August 2006
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?