Tuesday 9 June 1992
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yannick Agnel and Pietro Lombardi.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Jump by Kris Kross.
In UK Abba-esque (EP) by Erasure was in the top 5 hits.
Batman Returns, directed by Tim Burton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while Jewels by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jack's Place.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Air Rescue or Campaign.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1992!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1992 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Yannick Agnel: French swimmer his parents wanted to call him Alexandre, but these amateur tennis players finally chose Yannick, inspired by Yannick Noah.
- Pietro Lombardi: German singer, winner of "Deutschland sucht den Superstar" ("Germany Superstar Search").
- Lucien Laviscount: TV Actor.
- Boyd Cordner: Australian rugby player.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kris Kross - Jump
- I'll Be There (Live-Unplugged) - Mariah Carey
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge
- Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back
- En Vogue - My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)
- Sophie B. Hawkins - Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover
- Joe Public - Live And Learn
- Celine Dion - If You Asked Me To
- Michael Jackson - In The Closet
- Luther Vandross - The Best Things In Life Are Free
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?