Thursday 9 January 1992
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Black Or White by Michael Jackson.
In UK Bohemian Rhapsody / These Are The Days Of Our Lives by Queen was in the top 5 hits.
Poison Ivy, directed by Katt Shea Ruben, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1992!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1992 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 January
- At the Winter Consumer Electronics Show, Apple Computer chairman John Sculley coins the term Personal Digital Assistant, referring to handheld computers that typically operate via a stylus on a LCD display. Sculley announces that Apple will enter the consumer-electronics market by the end of the year.
- The Assembly of the Serb People in Bosnia and Herzegovina proclaims the creation of Republika Srpska, a new state within Yugoslavia.
- Singer Paul Simon is the first major artist to tour South Africa after the end of the cultural boycott.
- Shanda Sharer is tortured and burned to death in Madison, Indiana by four teenage girls.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Color Me Badd - All 4 Love
- George Michael - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
- Mariah Carey - Can't Let Go
- Ce Ce Peniston - Finally
- 2 Legit 2 Quit - M.C. Hammer
- Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
- Addams Groove - M.C. Hammer
- Michael Jackson - Black Or White
- Boyz II Men - It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday
- Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch - Wildside
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 January 1992 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?