Sunday 12 January 1992
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georgia Jagger and Tyler Baltierra.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Black Or White by Michael Jackson.
In UK Bohemian Rhapsody / These Are The Days Of Our Lives by Queen was in the top 5 hits.
Poison Ivy, directed by Katt Shea Ruben, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Archer's Goon.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Contra Force or Don Doko Don 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1992!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1992 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Georgia Jagger: English fashion model, the fourth daughter and fifth child of Rolling Stones' singer Mick Jagger; third child of his second wife Jerry Hall.
- Tyler Baltierra: Reality Star.
- Ishak Belfodil: Algerian footballer.
- Samuele Longo: Italian footballer.
- Harry van Doorn: Dutch Member of Parliament (KVP/KRO-chairman/PPR/CRM), dies at age 76.
- Last building in Gateway area in Cleveland is demolished
- 13th ACE Cable Awards: HBO wins 27 awards.
- US male Figure Skating championship won by Christopher Bowman.
- Walt Morey, US children's book writer (Gentle Ben), dies at age 84.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 January 1992
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Black Or White
- Color Me Badd - All 4 Love
- Mariah Carey - Can't Let Go
- Boyz II Men - It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday
- 2 Legit 2 Quit - M.C. Hammer
- Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
- Addams Groove - M.C. Hammer
- George Michael - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
- Ce Ce Peniston - Finally
- Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch - Wildside
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?