Tuesday 9 July 1974
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nikola Sarcevic and Sian Berry.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Rock Your Baby by George McCrae.
In UK She by Charles Aznavour was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Red Fern Grows, directed by Norman Tokar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Soldier and Me.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elimination or Gran Trak 10.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1974!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1974 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Nikola Sarcevic: Swedish bassist and singer (Millencolin).
- Sian Berry: British politician.
- Dani Behr: English singer and actress (Faith Hope & Charity).
- Siân Berry: English environmentalist and politician.
- Ian Bradshaw: Barbadian cricketer.
- Gary Kelly: Irish football player
- Tsuyoshi Kusanagi: Japanese actor and singer (SMAP)
- Nikola Šarčević: Swedish singer-songwriter and bass player (Millencolin)
- Sonia Gaskell: Russian / Netherlands choreographer (Diaghilev), dies at 70.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 July 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George McCrae - Rock Your Baby
- John Denver - Annie's Song
- The Hues Corporation - Rock The Boat
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - On And On
- Elton John - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- Anne Murray - You Won't See Me
- The Hollies - The Air That I Breathe
- The Righteous Brothers - Rock And Roll Heaven
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?