Monday 22 July 1974
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Annie's Song by John Denver.
In UK She by Charles Aznavour was in the top 5 hits.
Gone in 60 Seconds, directed by H.B. Halicki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1974!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1974 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Fabrice Anthamatten: French Swiss man, born to an Irish mother.
- Sonija Kwok: Hong Kong-Canadian actress.
- Franka Potente: German actress and singer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Denver - Annie's Song
- Elton John - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
- The Righteous Brothers - Rock And Roll Heaven
- George McCrae - Rock Your Baby
- Steely Dan - Rikki Don't Lose That Number
- Roberta Flack - Feel Like Makin' Love
- The Hollies - The Air That I Breathe
- The Hues Corporation - Rock The Boat
- Dave Loggins - Please Come To Boston
- Chicago - Call On Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?