Friday 9 November 2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Kiss Kiss by Chris Brown.
In UK Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
Champagne, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Book of the Dead by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 2007!
Which were the important events of 9 November 2007 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 November
- The German Bundestag passes the controversial data retention bill mandating storage of citizens' telecommunications traffic data for six months without probable cause.
- Student protests against the 2007 Venezuelan constitutional referendum continue. Five people are wounded in Mérida in a clash between rival student groups. (NYT)
- The People's Republic of China suspends the export of toys covered in a toxic chemical 1,4-butanediol that have been recalled in both the United States and China. (AP via IHT)
- The Governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger declares a state of emergency to clean up an oil spill in San Francisco Bay caused by a container ship hitting the San Francisco Bay Bridge on Wednesday. (BBC)
- At least 40 people die in Mogadishu in heavy fighting between Ethiopian forces and Somalian Islamist insurgents. (Reuters via News Limited)
- Ugandan Lord's Resistance Army chief Joseph Kony tells peace negotiator Norbert Mao that Vincent Otti, his former deputy, is not dead as rumored, but is under house arrest for espionage. (BBC)
- Iraqi insurgency: The United States Army releases five Iranian suspects who had been arrested in Iraq. (BBC)
- 2007 North Sea flood: The Environment Agency of England and Wales issues eight severe flood warnings for eastern England with residents ordered to evacuate from 7,500 homes in Great Yarmouth. (CNN)
- 2007 Pakistani state of emergency:
- Benazir Bhutto is placed under house arrest hours before a proposed mass rally against the 2007 Pakistani state of emergency. Over 5000 supporters of Pakistan Peoples Party have been arrested to avert rally. (BBC)
- Benazir Bhutto is released from house arrest bringing to an end a day long stand-off between the former prime minister and security forces. (CNN)
- Protests break out in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India, over the caricatures of Grand Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in a local newspaper. (Kashmir Observer)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?