Saturday 10 February 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Salome, directed by Charles Bryant, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1923!
Which were the important events of 10 February 1923 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Cesare Siepi in Milan: Italy; basso (New York Metropolitan Opera).
- Cesare Siepi: Italian opera singer, the premier bass of the Met from the time he opened in "Don Carlo" in 1950 until he closed 22 years later with the same opera.
- Allie Sherman: American football player and coach (d. 2015).
- Marion March: German-American astrologer who began her studies in 1966 and was a top professional by 1970.
- Ahti Karjalainen: Finnish prime minister from 1962-1963 and again from 1970-1971.
- Ink paste manufactured for first time by Standard Ink Company.
- SDAP speaks out against allied occupation of Ruhrgebied.
- Texas Tech University is founded as Texas Technological College in Lubbock, Texas.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Yankee Doodle Blues - Billy Murray & Ed Smalle
- Al Jolson - Lost (A Wonderful Girl)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?