Tuesday 10 February 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carl Joseph Stone and John Shirley.
In UK Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes by Perry Como & The Ramblers was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Spur, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Romper Room and Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1953!
Which were the important events of 10 February 1953 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Carl Joseph Stone: Composer.
- John Shirley: United States -- Sci-fi author (Eclipse Penumbra, Eclipse Corona).
- Ice Dance Championship at Davos won by Jean Westwood and Lawrence Demmy of Great Britain.
- Ladies Figure Skating Championship in Davos won by Tenley Albright (USA).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Pretend - Nat King Cole (Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra)
- Anywhere I Wander - Julius LaRosa
- Eddie Fisher - Downhearted
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?