Thursday 10 February 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Passage to Marseille, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1944!
Which were the important events of 10 February 1944 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Jean-Daniel Cadinot: French photographer, director and producer of gay pornographic films.
- Urpo Leppänen: Finnish politician, married three times, third wife is Cuban dancer.
- Frances Lappé: American social activist and prolific writer, whose first book “Diet for a Small Planet” (1971) gave rise to increased consciousness about food choices and their effects on a global scale.
- Frances Moore Lappe: American writer and activist.
- Vernor Vinge: American novelist.
- Miyoko Akaza: Japanese actress
- Peter Allen: Australian singer-songwriter pianist and actor (d. 1992)
- Frank Keating: American lawyer and politician 25th Governor of Oklahoma
- Rufus Reid: American bassist and composer (The Thad Jones/Mel Lewis Orchestra)
- Eugene Michel Antoniadi: Greek astronomer (Born 1870).
- Belgium resistance fighter / Author Kamiel van Baelen arrested
- U-666 / U-545 / U-283 sink off Ireland
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1944 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When They Ask About You - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Do Nothin' Till You Hear From Me - Duke Ellington & His Famous Orchestra
- Do Nothin' Till You Hear from Me - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?