Monday 10 January 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Strange Fruit by Lillian Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1944!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1944 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- Helle Ryslinge: Danish film director, nationally acknowledged for her work.
- Rory Byrne: South African racing car designer.
- Bernard Derome: German-Canadian journalist.
- Jean-Claude Jitrois: French fashion designer, artistic director of Maison Jitrois, which specializes in luxury fur and leather women's wear.
- Frank Sinatra: American noted family, the son of Frank and Nancy Sinatra.
- William Sanderson: American actor
- 1st mobile electric power plant delivered, Philadelphia
- First mobile electric power plant delivered, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
- British troops conquer Maungdaw, Burma.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1944 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Star Eyes - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- My Ideal - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Speak Low (When You Speak, Love) - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Victory Polka - Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters
- Kay Armen - The Dreamer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 January 1944 and get them!