Sunday 20 February 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Knapman and Willem van.
Passage to Marseille, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1944!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1944 ?
- Roger Knapman: British Member of Parliament.
- Willem van: Hanegem; Dutch soccer champion/coach (Feyenoord).
- Lew Soloff in Brooklyn: New York, USA; rocker (Blood Sweat and Tears).
- Robert de Cotret: Canadian politician 56th Secretary of State for Canada (d. 1999).
- Lew Soloff: American trumpet player composer and actor (Blood Sweat & Tears and Mingus Big Band) (d. 2015).
- Willem van Hanegem: Dutch footballer and coach
- Batman and Robin comic strip premieres in newspapers
- US takes Eniwetok Island.
- World War II: The ''Big Week'' began with American bomber raids on German aircraft manufacturing centers.
- The United States takes Eniwetok Island.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 February 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- David Rose & His Orchestra - Holiday For Strings
- Mairzy Doats - Al Trace & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?