Friday 11 April 1919
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Blackie's Redemption, directed by John Ince, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1919.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1919!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1919 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Hugh Carey: (Governor-Democrat-New York).
- Hank Schenz: American baseball player, a right-handed second and third baseman who played for the Chicago Cubs (1946–1949), Pittsburgh Pirates (1950–1951), and New York Giants (1951).
- Raymond Carr: English historian and academic (d. 2015).
- The International Labour Organization is founded.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Beautiful Ohio - Waldorf-Astoria Dance Orchestra
- I'll Say She Does - All-Star Trio
- Come On, Papa - Avon Comedy Four
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?