Monday 11 December 2000
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Independent Women Part I by Destiny's Child.
In UK Independent Women Part 1 by Destiny's Child was in the top 5 hits.
Chocolat, directed by Lasse Hallstrm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2000
while Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2000.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 2000!
Which were the important events of 11 December 2000 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 December
- The Trinidad and Tobago general election results in victory for the United National Congress.
- The Communauté de communes de Londinières is created in the Seine-Maritime département of the Haute-Normandie region of northern France.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2000 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?