Monday 11 February 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Gilda, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1946!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1946 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Kitty Hawks: American interior designer with celebrity clients.
- Pierre Curzi: Canadian actor screenwriter and politician.
- Chris Rush: American comedian actor and author.
- Ian Porterfield: Scottish-English footballer and manager (d. 2007).
- Timothy Chambers: Pediatrician.
- M C: Walker; CEO (Iceland Frozen Foods).
- Knut Vollebæk: Norwegian diplomat and politician of the Christian Democratic Party. He served as Ambassador to the United States between 2001 and 2007, and as Foreign Minister of Norway from 1997 to 2000. Vollebæk was the OSCE High Commissioner on National Minorities from 2007 until 2013. In September 2013, he was elected to the Board of Commissioners of the International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP).
- The U.S. Military Tribunal in Japan convicts Lieutenant General Masaharu Homma of the Japanese Army of ordering the Bataan Death March and condoning other wartime atrocities. He is sentenced to death by firing squad.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?