Sunday 24 February 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Rome, Open City, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1946!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1946 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Gérard Longuet: French politician, postal, telecommunications and industry minister in 1993.
- Tullio De Piscopo: Italian drummer and singer, born the son of a drummer in an orchestra.
- John Stapleton: British journalist, entertainer and TV host of "This Is Your Life" at Thames Television from 1970.
- Grigory Margulis: Russian mathematician and academic.
- Jenny O'Hara in Sonora: California, USA; actress (Wishmaster, Facts of Life, My Sister Sam).
- Michael Radford: Director (1984, White Mischief)
- Jean-Yves Riocreux: French Roman Catholic clergyman, the Bishop of Basse-Terre.
- Lise-Lotte Mann: Danish astrologer, one of the best known and most loved astrologers in Denmark, died of cancer in Copenhagen on the first day of the new millennium, 1/01/2001, 6:29 PM.
- Barry Bostwick in San Mateo: California, USA; actor (Spin City, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Lexx, Megaforce, Movie Movie, Scruples, Foul Play).
- Anthony Mayer: chief executive (Housing Corporation).
- Juan Peron elected President of Argentina.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?