Friday 1 February 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bart Braverman and Bert Braverman in Los Angeles.
Terror by Night, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching It's a Gift.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1946!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1946 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Bart Braverman: Los Angeles, California -- Actor (Bobby-Vega$, Roy-New Odd Couple).
- Bert Braverman in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Bobby - Vega$, Roy - New Odd Couple).
- Elizabeth Sladen: English Actress (d. 2011).
- Pascal Bonitzer: French film critic, screenwriter, film director and actor.
- Elisabeth Sladen: British actress (Born1946).
- Chris Clark: Motown Soul singer
- Hans Betghe: Writer, dies at 70.
- Republic of Hungary proclaimed, Zolt n Tildy as communist president.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 February 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh! What It Seemed to Be - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra (Vocal Marjorie Hughes)
- Johnny Mercer - Personality
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?