Thursday 28 February 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Rome, Open City, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1946!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1946 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Lowell Ponte: Writer who, as science and technology editor for Reader’s Digest magazine, became the world’s most widely read investigative science reporter.
- Philip Bailhache: English lawyer and politician.
- Robin Cook: Scottish educator and politician Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs (d. 2005).
- Don Francisco: American singer-songwriter.
- Henri Termeer: American general managment specialist and CEO of Genzyme, a biotech manufacturing and marketing company.
- Robert Cook: British politician, Labour Member of Parliament returned at the General Election on 6/11/1987. Foreign secretary, in a bit of a mess early 1998 when his Personal Assistant sued him for discrimination when he replaced her with his mistress. He left his wife of many years for the mistress, about half his age. He may have thought that he could survive the bad publicity as Labour had won the recent election.
- Combined Chiefs of Staff reveal that the American, Canadian, and British Governments had experimented with building ice ships during 1942-43. The Habbakuk project was to create a two-million-ton ship made of ice and wood pulp, 2000 feet long, 300 feet wide, as a floating aircraft base.
- In Philadelphia, General Electric strikers and police clash.
- British troops withdraw from Iran according to treaty the Soviets do not.
- Ho Chi Minh is elected President of North Vietnam.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?