Thursday 11 November 1982, Veteran's Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brittny Gastineau and Gonzalo Canale.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Up Where We Belong by Joe Cocker.
In UK I Don't Wanna Dance by Eddy Grant was in the top 5 hits.
Creepshow, directed by George A. Romero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Space by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ritzaryat na bylata dama.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Baby Pac-Man or Fort Apocalypse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1982!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1982 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Brittny Gastineau: American model and socialite.
- Gonzalo Canale: Argentine-born Italian rugby player.
- Aki Higashihara: Japanese model.
- Jeremy Williams: English model actor and poet.
- 5th space shuttle mission-Columbia 5-launches first commercial flight.
- Gas explosion in Israeli army headquarters by Tyrus; kills 60
- Joe Altobelli succeeds retiring Earl Weaver as Oriole manager
- Solidarity leader Lech Walesa is let out of jail in Poland.
- 30th time New York Islanders shut-out-2-0 versus Minnesota North Stars.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?