Sunday 12 November 1961
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chela Quintana and Jonathan Nossiter.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Big Bad John by Jimmy Dean.
In UK His Latest Flame / Little Sisters by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Flower Drum Song, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching KVN - Klub Veselikh i Nanodchivikh.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 November 1961!
Which were the important events of 12 November 1961 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- In the Back To The Future film trilogy, November 12, 1955 is a key date. It is the date of the "famous Hill Valley lightning storm" which sends Marty McFly back to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine, and the date Marty gets his parents together. In Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc Brown return to this date to stop Biff Tannen from changing history. Doc Brown hyposthesizes that this date might hold some special significance, being the temporal junction point for the entire space-time
- Chela Quintana: Venezuela -- LPGA golfer (8 time Venezuelan Amateur Champ).
- Jonathan Nossiter: American film director.
- Michaela Paetsch: American violinist.
- Nadia Comaneci: Romanian gymnast and winner of five Olympic gold medals in Montreal in 1976.
- Greg Gagne: American baseball player, a former shortstop who played for such teams as the Minnesota Twins, Kansas City Royals, and Los Angeles Dodgers.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?