Thursday 16 November 1961
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Corinne Hermes and Gilles Burgat.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Big Bad John by Jimmy Dean.
In UK His Latest Flame / Little Sisters by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Blue Hawaii, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching KVN - Klub Veselikh i Nanodchivikh.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1961!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1961 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Corinne Hermes: French singer.
- Gilles Burgat: French trials bike racer, who won the 1981 World Championship (becoming, at just 19, the youngest champion in history), and the Scottish Six Days Trial motorcycle competition with Italian SWM.
- Bruno Amato: Movie Actor.
- Frank Bruno: British boxer (European champ).
- Corinne Hermès: French singer.
- Chris Pitman: American singer-songwriter and keyboard player (Guns N' Roses Replicants and Zaum)
- Sam Rayburn: American U.S.
- Great Britain limits immigration from Commonwealth countries
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?