Thursday 13 December 2001
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to U Got It Bad by Usher.
In UK Gotta Get Thru This by Daniel Bedingfield was in the top 5 hits.
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, directed by Peter Jackson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while Heaven and Earth by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Black Books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Airburst or Aliens versus Predator 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 2001!
Which were the important events of 13 December 2001 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 December
- U.S. President George W. Bush announces the United States' withdrawal from the 1972 Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty.
- Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin, Raja of Perlis becomes the 12th Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2001 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?