Tuesday 14 August 1900
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
A Farmer's Imitation of Ching Ling Foo, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1900!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1900 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Louis Brauquier: France Writer.
- Shalva Mikhailovich Taktakishvili: Composer.
- Arne Korsmo: Norwegian architect and propagator of the international architectural style.
- 1st electric tram in the Netherlands (Leidseplein-Brouwersgracht)
- 2,000 marines land to capture Beijing, ending Boxer rebellion
- A joint European-Japanese-United States force (Eight-Nation Alliance) occupies Beijing, in a campaign to end the bloody Boxer Rebellion in China.
- Boxer Rebellion: An international contingent of troops, under British command, invades Peking and frees the Europeans taken hostage.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 August 1900 and get them!