Wednesday 14 August 2002
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Dilemma by Nelly.
In UK Colourblind by Darius was in the top 5 hits.
xXx, directed by Rob Cohen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2002.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 2002!
Which were the important events of 14 August 2002 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Vladimir Putin announces that Belarus will be fully integrated into Russia, with each of Belarus's six provinces to become a separate republic within the Russian Federation.
- Recent celebrity deaths: Larry Rivers, American painter, dies at 78.
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict: Marwan Barghouti, captured April 15, is indicted in a civilian Israeli court.
- The United States Food and Drug Administration orders a recall of all soft tissues processed since October 3 by CryoLife, the largest supplier of implant tissue in the United States, after 27 cases of serious infection, including one death in November.
- Extreme weather: The peak of a 100-year flood of the Vltava River surges through the Czech Republic into the Elbe in Germany. In Plzeň the city center is flooded, and breweries shut down. In České Budějovice, most of the old town is under more than a foot of water, and the Czech Budweiser breweries are shut down. More than 200,000 Czechs are forced to leave their homes. Damages are estimated at over . In Dresden, the Zwinger Palace courtyard and basement are flooded, damaging paintings. The
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?