Thursday 14 December 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ota Adler and Mario Pagotto.
Den store flyver, directed by Urban Gad, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 1911!
Which were the important events of 14 December 1911 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- Ota Adler: Czech / British fur trader / founder (Federal Trust).
- Mario Pagotto: Italy sport Champion.
- Spike Jones: Long Beach, California -- Composer (In a Secluded Rendesvous).
- Hans von Ohain: German-American physicist and engineer (d. 1998).
- Jerzy Iwanow-Szajnowicz: Greek-Polish swimmer and water polo player (d. 1943).
- South Pole 1st reached, by Norwegian Roald Amundsen
- Roald Amundsen's team, comprising himself, Olav Bjaaland, Helmer Hanssen, Sverre Hassel, and Oscar Wisting, becomes the first to reach the South Pole.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 December 1911
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Whistling Pete - Billy Golden
- Down by the Old Mill Stream - Harry Macdonough
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?