Thursday 15 July 1982
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Haley Scarnato and Alan Perez.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Don't You Want Me by The Human League.
In UK Fame by Irene Cara was in the top 5 hits.
A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rätselflug.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arcadians or QB-3.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1982!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1982 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Haley Scarnato: American singer and American Idol finalist.
- Alan Perez: Spanish cyclist.
- Hikethegamer : YouTube Star.
- Alan Pérez: Spanish cyclist.
- Neemia Tialata: New Zealand All Black rugby player.
- Aída Yéspica: Venezuelan model and actress
- Columbia flies to Kennedy Space Center via Dyess AFB, Texas
- Senate confirms George Shultz as 60th Secretary of State by vote of 97-0
- US Senate confirms George Shultz as 60th secretary of state by vote of 97-0.
- Body of Wendy Caulfield, first Green River victim, found near Seattle, Washington.
- Geoffrey Prime, a GCHQ civil servant, is remanded in custody on charges under the Official Secrets Act 1911.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?