Wednesday 21 July 1982
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jason Cram and Mao Kobayashi.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor.
In UK Fame by Irene Cara was in the top 5 hits.
An Officer and a Gentleman, directed by Taylor Hackford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rätselflug.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Penetrator or Pole Position.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1982!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1982 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
Famous Birthdays:21 July
- HMS ''Hermes'', the Royal Navy flagship during the Falklands War, returns home to Portsmouth to a hero's welcome.
- The International Whaling Commission decides to end commercial whaling by 1985–1986.
- A coroner's jury returns a verdict of suicide on Roberto Calvi, who was found hanging under Blackfriars Bridge.
- Torrential rain and mudslides in Nagasaki, Japan destroy bridges and kill 299.
- On a movie set, the ''Twilight Zone'' actor Vic Morrow and 2 child actors die in a helicopter stunt accident.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?