Thursday 22 July 1982
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nuwan Kulasekara and Anna Chicherova.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor.
In UK Fame by Irene Cara was in the top 5 hits.
An Officer and a Gentleman, directed by Taylor Hackford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rätselflug.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Attack at EP-CYG-4 or Sea Dragon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1982!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1982 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
Famous Birthdays:22 July
- Biggest mass wedding, Rev Sun Myung Moon weds 2,200 couples in New York City
- Academic Text Processing Service established in Seattle, Washington.
- US President Ronald Reagan signs into law the three-coin 1984 Olympic coin program.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 July 1982
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?