Monday 15 October 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Seven Keys to Baldpate, directed by Hugh Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1917!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1917 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Arthur Schlesinger: American writer and historian who was awarded two Pulitzer prizes for "The Age Of Jackson," 1945 and "A Thousand Days: JFK In The White House," 1966.
- Jan Miner: American actress (Born 1917).
- Paul Tanner: American trombonist and educator (Glenn Miller Orchestra) (d. 2013).
- Arthur Schlesinger Jr: Ohio, United States -- Historian (1946 Pulitzer-Age of Jackson).
- Mata Hari: Dutch prostitute and exotic dancer who also served as a spy.
- Chicago White Sox beat New York Giants, four games to two in 14th World Series.
- World War I: At Vincennes outside of Paris, Dutch dancer Mata Hari is executed by firing squad for spying for the German Empire.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- For the Freedom of the World - Orpheus Quartet
- Over There - Peerless Quartet
- Darktown Strutters' Ball - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?