Sunday 15 October 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include João Bragança and Chuck Thompson.
Romeo and Juliet, directed by J. Gordon Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1916!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1916 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- João Bragança: Brazilian royal family, the grandson of the titular Empress of Brazil, Isabel, who was exiled in Paris.
- Chuck Thompson: American publsiher of a gay newsletter.
- Al Killian: American trumpet player and bandleader (d. 2007).
- George Turner: Australian author and critic (d. 1997).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Missouri Waltz - Jaudas' Society Orchestra
- If I Knock the L Out of Kelly - Ada Jones
- When You Drop Off at Cairo, Illinois - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?