Tuesday 23 October 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Seven Keys to Baldpate, directed by Hugh Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1917!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1917 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Robert Bray: Kalispell, Montana -- Actor (Corey-Lassie, Stagecoach West).
- 1st Infantry division Big Red One shoots 1st US shot in WWI
- Lenin speaks against Kamenev, Kollontai, Stalin and Trotsky
- Lenin calls for the October Revolution.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I May be gone for a Long, Long Time - Peerless Quartet
- Indiana - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- Shenandoah - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- I May be Gone for a Long, Long Time - Shannon Four
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1917?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 October 1917 and get them!