Tuesday 23 October 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Bray .
Seven Keys to Baldpate, directed by Hugh Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1917!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1917 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Robert Bray: Kalispell, Montana -- Actor (Corey-Lassie, Stagecoach West).
- 1st Infantry division Big Red One shoots 1st US shot in WWI
- Lenin speaks against Kamenev, Kollontai, Stalin and Trotsky
- Lenin calls for the October Revolution.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Indiana - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- Shenandoah - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- I May be Gone for a Long, Long Time - Shannon Four
- I May be gone for a Long, Long Time - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?