Friday 15 October 1937
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Conquest, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1937!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1937 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Linda Lavin in Portland: Maine, USA; actress (Alice, Barney Miller).
- Barry McGuire in Oklahoma City: Oklahoma, USA; singer ("Eve of Destruction").
- Brad Corbett: American businessman (d. 2012).
- Linda Lavin: American actress singer director and producer.
- Barry McGuire: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The New Christy Minstrels).
- Biff Rose: American pianist, singer and songwriter who has a tough time fitting into a category. When he first emerged in the late 1960s in New Orleans, he was a performer of the pre-WW II genre with a jaunty piano and bouncy sing along melodies delivered in a whiny voice. His lyrics were arch and whimsical with sarcastic commentary about love and freedom. He was simply too odd to be accepted by either Broadway or the pop culture, compared to a vaudeville entertainer reincarnated as a spacey hippie.
- James Marcus: Actor (Clockwork Orange), dies at 60.
- Ernest Hemingway novel To Have & Have Not published
- Rather than accept any trade offers, the Yanks release Tony Lazzeri
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?