Monday 25 October 1937
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacqueline Menyhárt and Roberto Menescal.
Stand-In, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Body-Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1937!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1937 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Jacqueline Menyhárt: Hungarian ballet dancer, studied at the Budapest State Ballet Institute and in Moscow.
- Roberto Menescal: Brazilian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer.
- Belgian government of Zealand falls due to black money
- Casey Stengel signs to manage Boston Bees
- Celal Bayar forms the new (ninth) government of Turkey.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 October 1937
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1937 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Rosalie - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?