Monday 25 October 1937
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Stand-In, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1937!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1937 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Roberto Menescal: Brazilian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer.
- Jacqueline Menyhárt: Hungarian ballet dancer, studied at the Budapest State Ballet Institute and in Moscow.
- Belgian government of Zealand falls due to black money
- Casey Stengel signs to manage Boston Bees
- Celal Bayar forms the new (ninth) government of Turkey.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1937 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Rosalie - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 October 1937 and get them!