Sunday 24 October 1937
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Stand-In, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1937!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1937 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- John Stafford: American general manager and CEO of American Home Products, the nations third largest drug manufacturing company.
- Miguel Angel Coria: Composer.
- Miguel Coria: Spanish composer and educator.
- Barry Davies: English journalist and sportscaster.
- John Goetz: American baseball player (d. 2008).
- Heribert Offermanns: German chemist and academic
- M Piomelli: Italian-American architect and academic
- Petar Stipetić: Croatian general
- George Spagnolia: American Catholic priest, caught up in the scandals of early 2002. During a leave he had taken from the priesthood in 1973 to '93, he stated that he had remained celibate but later, recanted, admitting to a homosexual relationship. He denied having molested a 14-year-old youth in 1971 while serving in the Roxbury church. Being caught in the lie damaged his credibility.
- Santo Farina: American musician and composer (Santo & Johnny)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1937 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Rosalie - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?