Sunday 24 October 1937
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Miguel Angel Coria and Santo Farina.
Stand-In, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Body-Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1937!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1937 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Miguel Angel Coria: Composer.
- Santo Farina: American musician and composer (Santo & Johnny).
- John Stafford: American general manager and CEO of American Home Products, the nations third largest drug manufacturing company.
- George Spagnolia: American Catholic priest, caught up in the scandals of early 2002.
- Miguel Coria: Spanish composer and educator.
- Barry Davies: English journalist and sportscaster
- John Goetz: American baseball player (d. 2008)
- Heribert Offermanns: German chemist and academic
- M Piomelli: Italian-American architect and academic
- Petar Stipetić: Croatian general
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1937 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Rosalie - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?