Saturday 15 October 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to The Yellow Rose Of Texas by Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus.
In UK The Man From Laramie by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
Oklahoma!, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1955!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1955 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Kulbir Bhaura: British field hockey player.
- Emma Clark: English author and illustrator.
- Al Green: American wrestler (d. 2013).
- Tanya Roberts [Leigh] in the Bronx: New York, USA; actress (Charlie's Angels, Sheena).
- Kristine Winder: Vancouver, British Columbia -- Playmate (Oct, 1977).
- Fumio Hayasaka: Japanese composer (d. 1955).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?