Saturday 15 October 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kristine Winder and Victor Pecci.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to The Yellow Rose Of Texas by Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus.
In UK The Man From Laramie by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
Oklahoma!, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Grand Ole Opry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1955!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1955 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Kristine Winder: Vancouver, British Columbia -- Playmate (Oct, 1977).
- Victor Pecci: Paraguay -- Tennis star.
- Tanya Roberts [Leigh] in the Bronx: New York, USA; actress (Charlie's Angels, Sheena).
- Tanya Roberts: TV Actress.
- Kulbir Bhaura: British field hockey player.
- Fumio Hayasaka: Japanese composer (d. 1955).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?