Friday 16 July 1993
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Weak by SWV.
In UK Dreams by Gabrielle was in the top 5 hits.
Hocus Pocus, directed by Kenny Ortega, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Bridges Of Madison County by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1993!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1993 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- President Lissouba calls emergency rule in Congo-Brazzaville
- San Francisco outfielder Darren Lewis sets record of 267 consecutive errorless games
- The Slackware operating system is first released.
- July 17 ampndash In Estonia, the majority Russian cities of Narva and Sillamäe organize illegal referendums on quotterritorial autonomyquot to protest new citizenship laws.
- Japanese general election, 1993: The loss of majority of the Liberal Democratic Party results in a coalition taking power.
- U.S. President Bill Clinton announces his 'Don't ask, don't tell' policy regarding gays in the American military.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Janet Jackson - That's The Way Love Goes
- UB40 - Can't Help Falling In Love
- SWV - Weak
- Tag Team - Whoomp! There It Is
- H-Town - Knockin' Da Boots
- The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
- Rod Stewart - Have I Told You Lately (Live)
- Robin S - Show Me Love
- Expose - I'll Never Get Over You (Getting Over Me)
- Dre Day - Dr. Dre
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?